The firm concentrates in and has substantial experience in the following practice areas:
- TTB labels including hand-delivered paper labels, COLAs
Online, use-ups, label review, Quick
Checks, and expedites. In addition, we are conversant with the organic rules and have handled many organic labels.
- TTB COLA Waivers. For trade shows and test marketing, COLA waivers can save you a lot of time and keep you compliant. We can usually get waiver approvals within 1-3 days.
- FDA labels such as low alcohol wines, juices, bottled water, Kombucha, and other conventional foods.
- TTB labels including hand-delivered paper labels, COLAs Online, use-ups, label review, Quick Checks, and expedites. In addition, we are conversant with the organic rules and have handled many organic labels.
- Formulas. Including Formulas Online, TTB Laboratory Analysis Reports, Statements of Process, PFAP, flavor approvals, and Pre-Import Approvals. We have several attorneys and experts working daily in the areas of TTB formulas and labels, and at least 50 years of combined, specialized experience.
- Advertising. Reviewing print, website, TV and radio advertising to bring it into compliance with relevant rules, seeking pre-approvals where warranted.
- Permits. At the federal and state levels. The firm has substantial experience with federal import, DSP, wholesale and brewer licensing.
- Trademarks and Contracts. Dan Christopherson and Lee Handford (Of Counsel) have wide experience handling trademarks and contracts related to all aspects of the alcohol beverage industry.
- Taxes. Including excise taxes and tax credits.
- Trade Practices. Including relations among producers, importers, wholesalers, retailers and consumers.
In all of these areas, the firm provides advice, advocacy, research and follow-through. In all of these areas we can save you time and money and help you get to market faster. Along with our friends and affiliates, we can also help with advanced FDA food issues, label design, and state and local alcohol beverage issues.