A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol, and/or design that identifies and distinguishes your products from the competition. We strongly recommend that most of our clients should make it a priority to seek trademark clearance and registration at an early stage. As your brands grow in popularity, your trademark rights will greatly increase in value and importance. Securing rights to brand names early may also help you avoid headaches down the road in the form of name disputes.
We have several experienced professionals expert in such matters. Frank Knizner has substantial trademark law experience, where trademarks intersect with alcohol beverages. He works with Dan Christopherson and our Trademark Group to protect and secure the valuable brands and marks used by our clients. Dan is an IP attorney with a long-term and sustained interest in patents and trademarks, and especially beer trademarks. In addition to handling a wide variety of beer, wine, spirits and other beverage matters, our trademark group also handles trademarks across a large range of consumer products including wine trademarks, food trademarks, and others.
Lehrman Beverage Law has substantial experience working with clients to identify trademark opportunities and develop a plan to provide the most comprehensive protection available for your budget and needs. We can assist you with:
- Selecting a strong trademark
- Federal and state trademark applications (words and logos)
- Trademark clearance searches and opinions
- Federal trade dress, design patent, and copyright applications
- Trademark application prosecution (Office Action responses, Appeals)
- Trademark monitoring and maintenance
- Intellectual Property Audits (identify opportunities, ensure proper marking, and the like)
- Trademark dispute resolution (Opposition/Cancellation proceedings, Cease & Desist Letters, Consent Agreements, Assignments, etc.)
- International/foreign trademark applications
- Record your trademarks with U.S. Customs
In many of these areas we provide flat and cost-effective fees, and we are happy to provide an initial consultation with no charge or obligation.