For a flat fee of $10,000, we will provide assistance with typical startup needs for business formation, trademarks, lease negotiation, federal permits, state licensing, and initial basic compliance issues (payment plans available). This package includes:
- Business Formations. Includes a 30-minute consultation to identify specifics of business formation; Preparing and filing your state paperwork; Drafting an Operating Agreement for your brewery (up to 5 members); Obtaining a FEIN; Obtaining a Virginia Tax ID Number; Registering a trade name (if applicable); and a 30-minute consultation on fundraising issues. You will be responsible for paying all filing fees.
- Trademarks. Includes a 30-minute consultation to discuss branding issues; 1 full clearance search of your brewery’s name; 3 federal trademark application filings; and 2 sets of extensions of time (for each of the 3 marks) to establish use or statements of use (providing at least 16 months to show use). You will be responsible for all filing fees.
- Lease Negotiation. Includes a 30-minute consultation to discuss site-specific issues and reviewing a landlord lease and providing comments.
- Federal Brewer’s Notice. Includes preparing and filing the TTB application, and corresponding with TTB about it. Includes corresponding with client and related parties regarding your permit application. You will be responsible for paying for your Brewer’s Bond.
- State License. Includes preparing and filing the local applicatinon, and corresponding with the local agency regarding your application. This also includes corresponding with the client and related parties regarding your license application. You will be responsible for paying all application, publishing, and license fees.
- Labels and Formulas. Includes up to four routine TTB label/formula approvals.
While we have tried our best to set a flat fee, additional fees may be incurred in the following situations:
- For Business Formations. Corporations or other complicated business formations; LLCs with more than five members; assistance in preparing Private Placement Memoranda or other fundraising issues.
- For Trademarks. Extensions of time beyond the first two; additional trademark filings or clearance searches; time spent preparing substantive responses to Office actions; and/or for appeals, cancellation/opposition proceedings, or other related disputes/matters.
- For Lease Negotiation. For leases in excess of 50 pages, additional time will be billed at a discount (half of the attorney’s typical rate).
- Permits and Licenses. If attorney time on your permit and license exceeds 20 total hours for work related to your permit application, additional time will be billed at a discount (half of the attorney’s typical rate).
For more information about this topic, contact one of our trademark lawyers.