As an additional response to the burdens that COVID-19 is placing on alcohol beverage industry members, TTB has issued Industry Circular 2020-2. The Circular postpones several filing and due dates where the original date falls on or after March 1, 2020 through July 1, 2020. TTB published the Circular on March 31.
Per the Industry Circular TTB is, among other considerations:
- Postponing tax payment due dates for wine, beer, and distilled spirits excise taxes.
- Postponing filing due dates for excise tax returns.
- Postponing filing due dates for submission of operational reports.
- Postponing filing due dates for claims for credit or refund by producers.
- Postponing filing due dates for claims by manufacturers of nonbeverage products.
- Postponing due dates for submission of export documentation.
See TTB Industry Circular 2020-2.
The due dates and filings are postponed for 90 days from the due date otherwise prescribed. For example, if your DSP operational report is due on May 15, 2020 it is now postponed until August 13, 2020. Attachment A to Industry Circular 2020-2 provides a list of excise tax payment and filing dates with a corresponding postponement date. Attachment B to Industry Circular 2020-2 provides a list of new due dates for postponed operational reports.
So now it’s not only the (infinite?) amount of cash...Continue Reading Leave a Comment